Monday, June 8, 2015

Windows and doors!

After getting the roof all secured, we started putting windows in.  I haver tried to get by the cheapest way possible.  I managed to get 13 old single pane windows for free.  I was a little concerned about the efficiency of them, but figured they would be good enough for just a 1000 square foot house. 
On one of my many trips to Lowe's,  my wife decided to go with me.  While there we noticed s huge double pane high efficiency window clearanced for only $63.00, it was originally $280ish! Apparently a customer ordered it and decided they wanted something different.  Well after walking around and discussing it awhile, we bought it.  We decided it would be perfect in the dining room.
 
 
 
 
 
Once it was installed I was ready to go ahead with installing the other (free) windows.  My gut was telling me to go ahead and buy all new windows but I was trying to save money anywhere possible.  Well,  my wife cautiously told me that she would rather all the windows match.  What a relief it was to hear her say that.
 
So I went to Lowe's and bought windows that would fit in the already framed holes. Only ended up costing about $500.
 
 
 
The bathroom window, we have had for a few years.  We found it at a garage sale for $5.00
 
 
Also about the same time I found some great used doors online and bought them. Saved about $200. By building my own frames and hanging the doors myself. They both need painted but that's easy enough.

 
Next up, wiring!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment