Friday, September 14, 2012

Here we go!

Until I get used to the format and the workings of a blog these posts may not be perfect, but hang in there and we will figure it out together.

As of right now some progress has been made at the homestead over the course of the last year and a half but I will start our "story" from the beginning, and we will get to our current state pretty quick. Then we will be moving a bit slower on the building side of things, but I will try to post at least a couple times per week with something worth reading.

Since this property is 30 miles from our current residence, we decided we needed a place to store building materials out of the weather. I built a 16x24 pole barn then enclosed it to make it more secure. The location we chose for this building turned out to be right behind where we wanted to build the house. In hindsight, we should have built this a little further away but it isn't so close we cant live with it where it is. Eventually I will build a much larger building in a different location and I will probably take this one down and use the materials on other projects.

I somehow have lost all the construction photos but here it is complete.

 
 
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment